It's My Life.

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Black day.

26th November 2005. Saturday.

Today I was met with two similar bad news. One not so significant to me, but another one...I'm still trying to come to term with it.

When I saw the headline on Soccernet stating, George Best 1946 - 2005, straight away I knew Best has lost his fight with long term illness. He passed away yesterday nite, about 8 something (Malaysian time). He is a true Manchester United legend. One of the best footballer of all time. Some even argue that he could have overtaken Pele, had Northern Ireland has a team strong enough to compete in the World Cup.

This news of George Best demise is still ok with me, as he has been hospitalised for quite some times, and even the doctor treating him says that he may be gone anytime.

I got the worst news today when I received a call from my bro this morning. He told me that Andy has passed away in a car accident, while on the day back from Genting.

Andy is a very close childhood friend of mine. We were good friends in primary school. I know his parents, his bro and his sisters, and even his grandpa, as I used to hang around his place, especially during school holidays when I normally stay overnight at his place.

We've done so many things together, from climbing over the fence into the kindergarten next to his house and play a one-on-one soccer to stealing stuff from the shop next to his father's shop. Those we one of the days.

We'd go to school together in the morning as we stay near to each other. His father will fetch us to school in the morning, and my mum will pick us up in the evening. We hang out together. Go cycling around the neighbourhood. He has been one of the good friend of mine.

The last time I see him was just few months ago, and he sms-ed me not long ago too. And now he's gone.

I couldn't attend his funeral. My luck this year is not that good, and I'm not suitable to attend this kind of ceremony. Will go back to hometown next week, and pay his parents a visit.

...to be continued...

1 Comments:

  • somehow this eulogy makes me think and reflect about all my childhood friends, which i dont remember of having such nice memories of a fren when i was from kindergarten. my greatest memories of frens are those of uni.

    i wasnt popular in school. nobody likes me. i was fat and fat. knowing how i am, and being self conscious of how i look, i made my way out of any people. kl ppl are self centred. selfish. generalisation - yes. but true. i began to see myself from another angle when in uni. when i was given the opportunity to look at things from another angle. being me the selfish kl guy, i didn know life existed from that perspective. i only thought everything was against me. until daniel taught me to see things differently...

    dunno why, but somehow this daniel guy changed my life and how i perceive things...

    By Blogger Jyon, at 10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home