It's My Life.

Friday, July 22, 2005

Cameron Highlands.

Ok..here we go...let's have a brief posting about my trip to Cameron.

I was surprised when Evon's mom asked if I'm free on the 13th, 14th and 15th of July. She said that Evon's dad will be going down to Cameron for a golfing trip with his golf buddies. To be frank, I was reluctant to go at first. Not that I'm afraid of her dad or what...but..the road to Cameron never fail to make me feel nausea. Adding to that is my dislike for long distance journey, where you are stuck in a car for a long period of time without knowing what to do except listening to the radio or cd or chatting.

Well, unconsciously, or blindly i've agreed to go on that trip. Besides, Evon's dad is giving me some small lessons on golfing. So, i thought why not just join them. Unfortunately, the golf course there do not have a driving range! Whatever. I'd rather be hanging around with Evon, than be in the driving range.

The journey to Cameron is a long long wan. Very much longer than I expected. I've not been to Cameron like for ages, probably since primary school. From KL going down to Tapah, which is about more or less 1 hour from my hometown!! Then we stopped by in Tapah to meet up with Evon's dad's friends. Had a drink at one of the coffee shop, ya'know, those old fashioned kind of coffeeshop. One of my all time fav!

And those golfers are a real bunch of craze. They stopped at the foothill, at one of the badly set-up with banana leaves and tree branches stall to have durians and mangosteen. Durians. Yucks! I used to eat durian when I was younger, but somehow, grew up to dislike it becos of it's strong yucky smells.

I slept thru most of the time during the trip, as i'd mentioned earlier, I hate long journey. By sleeping will help to shorten the journey. Doh!

That morning we left Evon's house at about 6:30 am to 7 am. Don't really keep track of the time. And when we reached Tanah Rata, it's already lunch time. We stayed in a private apartment, which are meant only for members of some travel clubs. Two apartments, with 3 rooms, and 1 living room each. Quite comfortable, and reasonably clean.

So we unpacked our luggage into the apartments. Bla bla bla...and went out forl unch at a nearby restaurants. After lunch, the golfers went golfing, leaving, me with Evon, her mum, and another golfer wife who don't do golf. We went around the row of shops, mini markets, to buy extra things for the steamboat later that nite. We also went for a ride up to Brinchang, visited the Cactus Farm, some stalls selling strawberries, and etc etc.

That first nite we had steamboat! Ok, so we had a decent variety of fooooods. And the most popular and glamorous balls!! We have fish balls, meat balls, crab balls...whatever ball. But we do not have the well-known, South Park's Chef, Chocolate Salty Balls. :(

Ok, I think I need to cut short my blog here. Cos I have two more days to write. That night after the steamboat we went out for a walk. And took some pictures.

The next day was very much the same stuff. Morning. Breakfast. Golfers go golfing. Let those who don't golf, (i'm a beginner) go jalan jalan around cameron. Went down to brinchang again. Stopped by Kea Farm, buy stuff, strawberries, bla bla bla...
the dried strawberries is darn nice. Hehehe..but it taste just like some of the dried sour junk food.

There's not much happening in Cameron. It's a quite town. Chee Onn told me there's a pasar malam every night in Brinchang. We went up to Brinchang, we found no pasar malam, but a quiet town where Secret Recipe closes at 9pm. According to my bro-in-law, there is a pasar malam there, as he went up to Cameron, for golfing trips too last week. Maybe now the pasar malam only held on weekend.

The last day was really bad. I mean, the journey down from Cameron. I feel nausea from the moment we start the trip down. And they keep on stopping at those roadside stalls, buying petai, durians, mangosteen, or whatever fruits or food they sell there. They stopped at least 5 times! I was just wishing to reach home ASAP.

Overall, it was a nice trip. Evon and I both shut down our phones. Just to avoid ppl from the office from calling us during our off days. ;) We're totally relaxed during this three days break. Just hope we can have more of these trips, but definitely not to Cameron. My stomach is just no match to the long and winding road. Probably this going to be my last trip up to Cameron. Unless, my sister gives me a good feedback on the new road to Cameron. My sisters are going up to Cameron again this coming August.

1 Comments:

  • and u didnt even get me some strawberries!!!

    By Blogger Jyon, at 9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home