It's My Life.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

18.5% increment.

How I wish it was my salary increment instead.

The picture on the previous post still make me laugh. LOL. And I never expected Patrick to put a comment in my blog. That's really an honour to me. I read blogs, and I'm really green of those people who can write well. And among all, I think Patrick's blog is one of the best. It's just like reading Kee's World comic strip (Btw, do you actually read a comic?), eventhough there is a contrast in both person view of reality. Where as Kee's World allows us to look at the lighter side of life, even in the most dire situation, Patrick is just doing the same thing, and of cos he did it in writing, and best of all, with a little bit (read: a lot) sarcasm!

This reminds me of one of my friend, who commented on me. I am a pretty reserved person, but he remarked that I'm darn good joker. He said that my jokes are of higher quality, and one needs a certain level of intelligence to understand my jokes. Or it might take you some time to understand it. LOL. He also mentioned that my jokes are mostly filled with sarcasm. LOL.

Maybe that's what makes me find Patrick's blog interesting. Sarcasm. I like.

So, the 30 cents petrol increment really pissed me off. To make the matter worse, someone commented on the newspaper (front page news somemore! don't pray-pray) that we should change our lifestyle and adapt to higher fuel prices. Did he make any sense? Or is he just trying to make himself look _______. (Fill in the blank with any words that you think best fit. Note: Sorry, no marks allocated.)

To be frank, I know it's hard to be the top man. You have to make decisions, and people might not like it. Still, you have to call the shots. I do not want to sound too patriotic (I'm still patriotic) , but deep down, I do know that the spiralling of the fuel prices is a burden to our country. All we citizens, especially taxpayers hope is that the RM4 billion saved from this fuel increment is being put to good use.

According to our PM, the RM4 billion will be used to improve the public transport. The public are surely glad to hear this, but someone commented in some forum that MAS is also a public transport. That is a real jerker. Well, as a benefit of doubt, and who knows, we might see improvements in the "right" public transports (eg: bus, trains, taxi, etc etc).

Guess what, a full tank Kelisa cost RM53++. I'm not sure of the exact figure yet, cos I pumped a full tank the day before the increment. That is like, "Wow." It's only a Kelisa, for my wallet's sake! About 2 years ago, I was paying RM35, full tank! for my Kelisa and now the digits shifted place. It could be feng shui! Probably they consulted Lillian Too, and decided to change place. LOL.

1 Comments:

  • I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you!
    » » »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home