It's My Life.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Do good.

Have you ever stopped your car by the roadside, got down from your car, go over and help an old person or someone with limited abilities to cross the road?

Or just lend a hand to ease what they are trying hard to do?

This is what I pledge to myself to do.

Yesterday, I manage to do just that! While I was driving up the hill back to my house, I saw two guys trying to help an old man, to walk down the stairs, cross the road into the mosque.

The old man can barely move! He was having a walking stick with him, but I could see that he can barely move, and his legs were shaking! So, I made a u-turn and pick that old man up, made a round, and drop him inside the mosque.

No! I'm not boasting, I just want to share my experience, and hope more people will follow the example shown by Mr. Liao Fan, and do more good deeds. Doing good beyond religion or race.

Doing good, does not necessary harbour good returns, but still there are no harm in doing good. At least you know deep down inside, you've made someone felt better, and help to ease their burden.

Suggested reading: Liao Fan's Four Lessons

fyi, I don't think this is written for Buddhist or written by a Buddhist. This book I believe applies to everyone, and everyone can practise what is in this book. Doing good is universal.

So, starting from today, ask yourself, have you helped someone today?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home